- Migration – AWS Migration Hub- Application migration service and server migration service
- Compute – EC2, Beanstalk, Lambda,
- Database – RDS, Dynamo DB
- Management & Governance – Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch
- Storage – AWS Backup, EFS, S3
- Networking – VPC, Direct Connect
- The client had over 50 business-critical applications to be migrated to AWS Cloud
- Few hurdles the client was facing were- Increase in IT operational cost, Legacy infrastructure environment, Manual build and release processes, Non-alignment of SLAs with business needs, Lack of technical architects, increased traffic load etc.
- AdfarTech migrated all the services from two data centers (from 2 locations) in 9 sprints to AWS.
- The key milestones in the project were:
- Robust, Flexible, and Achievable Plan: Delivery of services as per business criticality was planned in such a way that learning from each sprint was fed to the subsequent sprint.
- Migration and Delivery Approach: Lift & shift approach using AWS migration services using agile practices by identifying key applications and their dependencies.
- CI-CD: Infrastructure as a Code: Services for new project were launched using Cloud-formation scripts, Jenkins and Ansible
- Monitor and Secure: Cloud tools (CloudWatch, CloudTrail, WAF) were planned and implemented
- Reduction of operational cost by approximately 30%
- Migration of 50+ business critical applications and 200+ servers from on premise IT infrastructure to cloud within strict timelines.
- Out of these services the major one was EDCS(Eurostar Departure Control System) which benefited Eurostar to make passengers travel hassle free.
- Infrastructure as Code helped in automating the provisioning of the environments fast without any errors
- Monitoring solution helped in debugging problems and optimizing the costs
- Logging helped in governance by identifying the activities performed on the environment