The key objective of the client was to build the most efficient cargo terminal. The client approached AdfarTech to set up the right Cargo Management System for their business needs. AdfarTech developed and implemented a warehouse operating system for end-to-end cargo management. Several innovative modules were developed specifically for the client.
About the Client
Client is a leading provider of airport services in cargo handling in Asia, and the world’s busiest airport for cargo traffic. There are over 95 international airlines providing about 900 scheduled passenger and all-cargo flights each day and 160 destinations worldwide.
The client wanted to build the most efficient cargo terminal in the region. Because of land issues, the terminal is vertically built and is designed on the principles of JIT. The biggest challenge faced by the client was to design the right Cargo Management System to cater to the business processes accurately.
AdfarTech developed and implemented a highly flexible, scalable and efficient core system (Warehouse Operating System) and integrated it with the most advanced Material Handling System to ensure that the new terminal meets it programs goals of increased efficiency.
This includes the capability to systematically handle the following operations:
- Import operations (like arrival control, documentation, transfer manifest, warehouse etc.)
- Export operations (like acceptance, departure control, transit management)
- AWB Management
- ULD Management
- Track and Trace Functionality
- Flight Management
- Warehouse Management (Space Allocation, Transshipment Dwell Time etc.)
- Incidence Management
- Report Generation (Cargo Tonnage, AWB, Staff productivity, Mishandling etc.)
As part of the newly developed cargo management system, few innovative modules that were developed are as follows:
- Automatic Truck Control System
- Automation of Claims and Service Request
- In-depth Analysis
- Mobile enabled workforce
The solution developed for the client has all the processes directly mapped to the cargo management system, which in turn provides 100% accurate view of the shipments. All the cargo related functions have been incorporated in the CMS there by preventing any manual intervention or paper work at the terminal.
- Improved Ground Handling
- Reduced Cargo Mishandling
- Enhanced Revenue
- Real time information updates
- Reliably fast response time
Delivering More Value
- Capability of the cargo handling system:
- 10,000+ AWB transactions / day
- 400+ flights/day
- 600 concurrent users
- Average 100,000 EDI messages / day
- Cargo handling capacity increased by 50% (7.4 mn tons pa)
- Trans-shipment time reduced by 37% (8hrs to 5 hrs)
- More Savings: Cost savings of 12000+ hours per year as a result of reduction in overall effort
- More Velocity : Reduction in release time leading to faster time to market
- More Collaboration : Faster team work & higher service transparency