A financial services company, the client is a global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions. The company provides products and services to institutions, private banks, investment advisors, investment managers, and private clients.
There are 20 mission-critical applications built on Microsoft technologies being supported by the team. These applications have emergency and scheduled releases planned throughout the year. The approximate number of releases per year for these 20 applications including both emergency and scheduled releases is 100.
AdfarTech engaged with the client to resolve the following challenges:
- Reduce the cost of running the legacy business
- Eradicate issues due to manual build and deployment process
- A better time to market for emergency and scheduled releases
AdfarTech partnered with the client as a strategic technology enabler to deliver a competitive advantage.
AdfarTech leveraged its DevOps framework to provide the desired solution. CI/CD was implemented for the 20 applications by automating the following processes:
- Build Creation for .NET and SQL components.
- Integrated MSTest for Unit Testing
- Integrated SONAR for code review
- Automated Testing using Test Complete
- Automated deployment using Octopus Deploy
The solution delivered by AdfarTech team of experts resulted in:
- Development Savings – 10 resources (FTE) savings per year for a suite of 20 applications
- Production Rollout savings – 6 resources (FTE) savings per year for rolling out releases in pilot and production
- Simplification of build deployment, verifications, and troubleshooting
- Mandatory/Automatic Code Quality Measurement
- Reduced issues of duplication, missing content, and human errors
- Savings across SDLC – Build Creation, Deployment, Reduced Rework for versioning issues, etc.