The client is a non-ministerial department of the UK Government responsible for the collection of taxes.
Below are few key challenges being faced by client:
- Legacy system of 40 applications causes multiple issues.
- The existing system has to be made more efficient for case workers/managers/traders to ensure maximum revenue for HMRC.
- Complete digitization of the application is required for greater efficiency and better validation.
- HMRC needs to have a strong case management application.
AdfarTech developed a new case management solution to handle post clearance customs payment reconciliation process which replaces the legacy system with a more user-friendly app. This solution emphasized on the following aspects:
- Integration with multiple platforms including Customs Registrations, Customs Declarations, Payment System and Tax Management Platforms.
- Generating and sending demand notices, customer correspondence.
- Calculating, Tracking and Updating customs debt and reporting to tax management platform.
- Reduced operational costs.
- Less TAT, Scalable to handle post Brexit volumes.
- Seamless integration.