- A central government organization’s case management application lacks the ability to generate reports and export them into an excel sheet but relies on support team members to run database queries and share them on demand basis.
- The manual process of generating reports and exporting them into an excel sheet is prone to human error, formatting errors, and compliance issues.
- AdfarTech has created a dynamic reporting framework on top of AdfarTech accelerator ‘DocuXReport’ for their case management application, which is integrated with Documentum XCP for reports generation.
- The new framework aims to automate this process and provide end-users and reporting managers with the ability to generate and export reports easily, with the ability to modify input parameters.
Core Value Proposition
This ‘DocuXReport’ framework allows the business administrators to design new template requirements via the administrator UI and deploy it instantly for users. There is no need to wait for the next release cycle, which is usually the case for Documentum customers to avail new features in the system.
- The new reporting framework brings the product to market quickly, as it is developed as a low-code/no-code platform.
- The report widget provides different reports for each system/user based on their access privileges. The system is configured based on input variables from XCP configuration and database report template settings.
- The XCP Designer can pass report parameters and the widget accepts configuration information such as report height, width, style, date formats, custom messages, and error and warning messages.
- The database/report configurations are stored as SQL tables and tables are registered in Documentum as registered tables and accessible through DCTM REST services
- The report templates can be configured for dynamic information display such as the system name, report name, description, DQL query, active flag, creator name, creation date, modified by, and modified date.